- Job Title: Regional Development Manager
- Reports To: Head of Retail
- Location: Head Office
Brief Role Description:
Responsible for operational development and management of:
- Branch pharmacy operations
- Branch pharmacy P&L performance
- Professional Services delivery and development
- Team management
- Professional governance and all standards
- External & Internal working relationships
- Facilitate the development and delivery of all store operational procedures and processes and ensure ongoing compliance with Professional pharmaceutical services.
- Liaise with other pharmacy departments to ensure optimal efficiency and profit.
- Drive business through management of pharmacy teams and identification of new opportunities.
- Maximise Professional services by working closely with Pharmacy Central Operations, leading the way in development of new services.
- Ensure that pharmacy staffing levels are within budget and meet the demands of the business
- Support training and development of store teams to ensure they have the knowledge and capability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Facilitate a program of pharmacist and staff development and formal ongoing appraisal.
- In conjunction with the Pharmacy superintendent, be responsible for meeting all professional and legal obligations.
- Work with other regional managers and Head of Retail to assist in efficient performance with regard to store performance.
- Work with all other external professionals to drive Professional Services.
- Build local relationships with fellow medical professionals/Buildings managing agents etc
- Achieve/exceed individual & Regional agreed budgets/KPIs
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Degree/Diploma or equivalent
- Practicing Pharmacist or Pharmaceutical Technologist
- Previous experience of single and/or multisite management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven leadership and management abilities
- Communication Skills
- Proactive and organized
- Honesty and integrity
- Articulate and numerate
- Ability to work to targets
- Flexible approach to duties and teamwork
- Previous experience of pharmacy logistics
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Experience of performance management
- Influencing skills
Key Internal & External Clients:
- Health Care professionals, Pharmacy managers, pharmacists, pharmacy teams
- Finance, Marketing, HR and Payroll
- Pharmacy Superintendent & Central Operations
- Business Development
Confidentiality and Information Security:
As a Goodlife employee you will be required to uphold the confidentiality of all records held by the organisation, whether patient records or Goodlife information. This duty lasts indefinitely and will continue after you leave the organisation’s employment.
- Need to travel locally & nationally, if required ,which may incur frequent nights away from home and flexibility of working hours
- Full Kenyan driving license
- Use of home as base office
- Regular attendance of meetings in Nairobi and other offices as required.